The new year is a time for new beginnings, and for gamers that means new updates. Blizzard Entertainment has some good things in store for fans of the World of Warcraft. On Tuesday, Jan. 10, Blizzard will be releasing a new patch, dubbed patch 7.1.5, that will bring a host of new features for fans to enjoy.
Fans of Timewalking in World of Warcraft, a dungeon difficulty that allows players to play old-school dungeons, will be getting a treat with the patch. Named Mists of Pandaria, players will be sent to the Islands of Pandaria when they play the next round of Timewalking. Venues include Temple of the Jade Serpent, Stormstout Brewery, Shado-Pan Monastery, Mogu’shan Palace, Siege of Niuao Temple, and Gate of the Setting Sun. Players at level 91 and higher get new Timewalking Bonus Events every few weeks similar to events in the past. There are also new rewards that were compiled from the official World of Warcraft website below.
- Reins of the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (Yu’lei, Daughter of Jade mount)
- 2 new pets—Infinite Hatchling (dragonkin) and Paradox Spirit (aquatic)
- Reputation Tokens for all major Pandaria factions and friendship items
- 2 new Toys—Adopted Puppy Crate and Portable Yak Wash
- Chilled Satchel of Vegetables, to help chefs who’ve missed out on Pandaren cuisine
- Updated equipment selections from Pandaria factions
Patch 7.1.5 will see the return of the brawler’s guild. The Brawer’s Guild is a single-player challenge mode where payers fight different bosses. The Brawler’s Guild player invitations have been reset and players have to obtain a Blood-Soaked Invitation in order to participate. New to the mode is Brawler’s Gold, which is currency players obtain by defeating bosses and completing quests. Players can use the gold to purchase a Blood-Soaked Figurine that gives players a graveyard inside the Brawler’s Guild. Other new items are listed below:
- Free Drinks Voucher—Because everyone loves free drinks.
- Bag of Chipped Dice— Enables random brawl mode for the next 30 minutes, giving you the choice to fight a random challenger. Will you be pit up against Bruce, or Ahoo’ru? Fan-favorite Hexos, or a single seagull? Random Brawl Mode is the only way to access certain bosses, and it’s been rumored that some of them drop shirts when defeated.
- VIP Room Rental Form—Everyone can get into the VIP room when you throw the doors open.
- High Roller’s Contract – Enables a guessing game, which allows you to choose who will win the next fight for a chance at extra Brawler’s Gold. Will the monster win, or will the player emerge victorious? My money’s on the monster.
The patch is bringing what they have termed “micro-holidays” to the update that will act as smaller in-game events that are fun. The “micro-holidays” have been dated to occur at various periods from January to August with the first occurring between January 21-23 to commemorate the Scarab Gong’s first ringing on January 23, 2006. More information about all of the “micro-holidays” can be found here.
No patch notes have been released yet but changes are sure to come. Stay tuned for more details on patch 7.1.5.